Work @ Event Medic PGH
Some event organizers will use volunteers, or pay someone under the table to handle what they may think will be minor medical inconveniences, and assume that Good Samaritan laws will cover any legal issues. Many volunteers are wary about risking their professional licenses and livelihood on that assumption. Concerns also linger of sustaining personal injury while volunteering, because many events will not provide full disclosure about their insurance, and may not have the ability to compensate for lost wages or medical bills if a volunteer is injured.
Event Medic PGH employs licensed professionals who are fully insured, and fully vetted. It is not enough to be a nationally registered EMT or Paramedic. Our crews must demonstrate medical authority and responsibility. We ensure that anyone wearing our badge is expertly trained and experienced in providing acute medical care in the field.
As an employee of Event Medic PGH, your job is to act as the first line of emergency response in the event of a medical complaint or traumatic injury, and to act as the professional liaison between event organizers and emergency services. All applicants are encouraged to have at least ONE (1) year minimum experience with a 911-based EMS service or TWO (2) years related experience with a volunteer fire/rescue squad or QRS service.
Minimum Preferred Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License or State Identification Card; and
- PA DOH EMS Certification & AHA CPR AED Course Completion Card; and
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151); and
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check (Act 34).
Applicants may also be subject to drug and alcohol testing prior to and/or during employment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 12 months experience w/ a Sports & Special Events Medical Standby Service.
- USA Hockey “Safesport” Training; Bloodborne Pathogens; 2017 BLS Protocol Update
- Background in personal training, athletic training, physical therapy, or sports medicine.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Medics of Pittsburgh LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, physical or mental disability or any other status protected by applicable law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of background checks and child abuse clearances.
- Fair wages; paid incentives
- Availability-based online scheduling
- Preferential assignment locations
- Uniforms & all medical supplies
- Paid training & direct deposit
- Paid portal-to-portal travel